2) How Long Have You Been An Artist For?
My journey through art has taken me at least 15 years so far, and I am still endeavouring to become a skillful artist.
3) Favourite Medium and Why?
My challenge is watercolour. Pastels and acrylic are wonderful for certain subjects and at the moment I am favouring oils.
4) Your Favourite Subject to Paint?
I seem to gravitate towards landscapes and seascapes.
5) How Has Your Background and History Affected Your Art?
Unfortunately my attempt at art during my high school years was dismal so I can’t claim to have learnt anything there. It has been my desire to pursue something artistic in my adult life that has driven me.
6) What Was The First Artwork You Sold?
A piece of art sold at The Busselton Art Society Art in the Park. Very excited and pleased that someone liked it enough to purchase it.
7) What Work Are You Most Proud Of?
A full sheet pastel artwork of Clivia flowers. It sold almost immediately. It was on display at Art in the Park and went to an excited new owner.
8) Is It Hard to Part With Your Paintings?
I feel it is an honour that someone has liked the painting enough to purchase it, or be gifted it, so no I don’t find it hard to part with a painting.
9) Are There Any You Wished You’d Kept?
Maybe when I am unable to create something I may wish I had kept some of the pieces I probably wouldn’t replicate.
10) Do you have a funny or interesting story about your art journey?
The whole journey has been interesting, lots of learning, meeting lots of lovely like minded people and looking back on how far I have come and still strive to do better. It has lots of fun times when pieces don’t seem to come together as we would like.
11) How Do You Set Up A Painting Session? e.g. When the mood strikes, set a regular time, music, wine?
When everything else is cleared off my plate and have time to myself, no specific routine.
12) What’s on your easel?
A planned watercolour painting of flowers given to me for my birthday.
13) Favourite Artist?
Watercolour artist John Lovett.
14) Which Famous Artwork Do You Wish You’d Painted/Created?
Shearing The Rams by Tom Roberts
15) What’s One Piece of Advice You Can Offer?
Keep striving to achieve your goals
16) As An Artist, What Are Your Goals for the Next 5 Years?
To be happy with my achievements, to be able to paint loosely, artistically and confidently, and oh, maybe win one of the Special Awards at Art in the Park.